M9.3: Green Chemistry

I think green chemistry is an innovative and promising technology and might be the future in how we manufacturer a variety of products that can be safe for the environment and less harmful to the human body. I think green chemistry is worth investing a lot of time and money in because it will essentially become the driving forth for a sustainable future. I have heard of green chemistry but my initial thought was this will take a long time and a lot of money before green chemistry can help replace all the harmful chemicals with safer ones that still remain fully effective. A relevant example of green chemistry would be biodegradable plastic which can decompose naturally in the environment. If we can really make plastic to become naturally decomposable, this will be the big critical step for us toward a greener future. 

Comments

  1. Hi Nha,

    I agree that the green chemistry is an innovative and promising technology that can reduce the use of hazardous substances which harm our health and environment. I agree that the government should invest a lot of time and money for green chemistry because it will help us reach environmental sustainability. I also agree that it will be a big step if we can make plastic materials biodegradable.

    - Krissy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nha,
    I agree that green chemistry can have role in the future of manufacturing and can be less harmful to us as well as the environment. I like that you suggested potentially creating a biodegradable plastic, especially since plastic is such a widely used material.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment