M8.4: Chemical Policy Reform
I think all 6
elements of the Louisville Charter highlight the importance aspects or reasons
of why we urgently are in need of nation’s chemical policy reform. These
elements cover the basic fundamental needs that any chemical policy reform
needs to have in order to ensure that the reform will essentially protect the
health of everyone and protect the environment as well. These changes will not
happen overnight but as long as we are committed and actively involved in the
conversation, we will eventually accomplish these goals.
Hi Nha,
ReplyDeleteYes, I agree that the 6 elements of the Louisville Charter what we need for our nation's chemical policy. From the 6 reforms that was mentioned, I really like the fifth and sixth reform. I like the fifth because it's about manufacturers providing safety information about the chemicals they use in their product before they can sell it in the market. I like the sixth reform because it's about prioritizing the safety of workers and communities. The government need to be strict with manufacturers so they can protect people and the community.
- Krissy
Hi Nha,
ReplyDeleteAll of 6 elements are extremely important for shaping chemical policy. I agree that it's a long road to accomplishing these goals but it can be accomplished. It's definitely going to be a team effort to protect the environment and human health.